June 2, 2021
South Florida has unpredictable weather, like severe tropical storms, and hurricanes, of course. These unique weather conditions can lead to many roof complications, namely wind-driven debris, shingles getting blown away, or deteriorating from weather damage, which can lead to leaks.
It’s important to have an annual roof inspection in Hollywood, FL to make sure your roof is secure and to keep your family safe. If you have the time and money to do more than one inspection each year, that’s even better.
When was the last time you had a professional roof inspection?
At J&K Roofing, we believe the home is the center of a family – and the roof above your head keeps you secure. We’ve rounded up the top three signs that you’re due for an inspection and the top reasons to have a roofing inspection in Hollywood, FL.
Top 3 Signs You Need a Roof Inspection
If you’re experiencing the following indications of roof damage, contact J&K Roofing for a roof inspection in Hollywood, FL.
- Roof damage: If you have shingles that are cracked, eroded, curled in, or missing, this is evident damage to your roof. Don’t ignore even the smallest crack, as this indicates structural damage which can lead to costly problems down the road.
- Moisture in the attic: If you have an attic that is damp and clammy, this is a sign that there’s damage to the roof that’s causing air outside to enter the attic. Don’t waste any more time. Contact a roofing contractor immediately.
- Ceiling stains: If you notice water stains on your ceilings and walls, this is the sign of a serious leak. A good practice is to check your ceilings for stains after a heavy storm. Don’t overlook the tiniest spot, as you don’t want it to develop over time.
Benefits of a Roof Inspection
Again, the weather in South Florida has a few unkind days. Think about the damage this can do to your roof. That’s why it’s important to contact a roofing contractor in Hollywood, Fl when you suspect your roof is damaged or prior to a storm coming.
An experienced contractor will assess your roof to determine if there is any damage to your shingles. This includes inspecting for missing shingles, lifted shingles, cracked shingles, etc.
A roofing contractor will also check for damages caused by debris. With wind speeds that can reach as high as 74 mph for a tropical storm, tree limbs and other debris can end up damaging your roof. Remember, wind-driven damage can lead to leaks. After a major storm, you should contact a roofing contractor in Hollywood, FL to inspect your roof.
Trees Need to be Managed Properly
If you have recently moved into a South Florida home that has a lot of tree coverage near the roof, this can lead to damages after severe storms. Small branches can tear off your shingles, while limbs can put a hole in your roof depending on wind conditions. We recommend keeping tree branches away from your roof. Not only can they damage your roof during a storm, but they also provides easy access for rodents to get on your roof and cause wear and tear. Not to mention rodents can get into your roof and then your home.
If it’s impossible to maintain low tree coverage, then it’s imperative that you schedule a roof inspection in Hollywood, FL at least twice a year if you have significant tree coverage near your roof.
Natural disasters aside, it’s recommended to hire a roofing contractor to check for warranty issues. If you don’t know whether your roof has manufacturer defects that can affect its performance, a trained roofing contractor can do a thorough inspection of your roof to look for common issues, such as:
- Degranulation of shingles
- Moisture within the shingles
- Lifted shingles
Contact J&K Roofing, Inc
We provide roof repairs for all types of roofs – tile, metal, shingles – our team has the training and experience to handle all types of roofs and all kinds of damage. With our roof inspection in Hollywood, FL, we can provide:
- Leak repair
- Tile or shingle replacement
- Flashing fixes (preventative measure for long-lasting results)
Contact us for a free quote or call (954) 961-9879.