June 2, 2021
Living in Florida, it comes as no surprise that we start to see issues with our homes during hurricane season. More specifically, we see problems such as leaks, missing shingles, tree damage, and more. During this time leading up to hurricane season, a quality roof repair in Hollywood, Florida is of the utmost importance for your home. The damage from the severe weather brought by tropical storms and hurricanes can be devastating. Making sure to prepare your home could save you a lot of time and money down the line.
At J&K Roofing, our team of experts has been serving the Florida community for over 30 years, as we strive to keep homes safe from inevitable environmental damage. As hurricane season approaches, it’s recommended that all homeowners have their roofs inspected to ensure that everything is in good shape. You’ll want to keep the inside of your home protected! Roof inspectors will check for loose tiles, leaks, and anything else that could lead to damage from severe weather. Do a favor for yourself that future you will thank you for!
What are the Top Issues Found During a Roof Repair in Hollywood, Florida?
In addition to building a beautiful, new roof for your home, J&K Roofing can also inspect and repair any damages present on your current roofing. During an inspection, any number of issues could arise that will require servicing in order to keep your home safe from any further damage. Some common issues that may arise with your roof are:
- Leaks – when moisture soaks into the roof and leaks into the home, it can cause mold, mildew, or rotting in extreme cases.
- Standing Water – if your home has a flat roof with no slope, moisture can accumulate and eventually cause leaks and damage to your ceiling.
- Splitting – with warmer weather, shingles, and tiles expand. Without proper spacing, tiles and shingles can run into each other and split.
- Tree Damage – if an overgrown tree hangs near your roof, strong winds can knock off tiles and shingles.
- Gutters – an improperly installed gutter could redirect water into problematic areas, leading to moisture damage.
- Animals – small animals such as raccoons, squirrels, mice, rats, and birds could cause potential damage by burrowing or creating nests in your roof.
How Does a Hurricane Have an Impact on Your Roof?
Should any of the before-mentioned issues come up during a roof inspection, it’s crucial to have them resolved, especially before tropical storms or hurricanes blow through. Should they go unnoticed or unresolved, it could leave the floodgates open for much larger issues. Between hurricane-force winds, heavy rain, and lightning, even the newest of roofs are susceptible to damage. Then, even if the worst thing that happens is a couple of tiles go missing, problems like holes and leaks could leave your home vulnerable to interior damage.
Contact Us Today
Florida is nicknamed the Sunshine State, but all of its residents know that we experience all kinds of intense weather. With extremely high temperatures, heavy rains, strong winds, tropical storms, and hurricanes, our homes are often left vulnerable to the elements. Often times, our roofs receive the brunt of these factors and can cause expensive damage that requires immediate attention to prevent further issues. If you are currently experiencing problems as a result of roof damage, or if you want to have an inspection for preventative reasons, consider J&K Roofing and our seasoned team. Affordable roof repair in Hollywood, Florida has never been simpler! Contact J&K Roofing today at 954-961-9879 to schedule an appointment for your home.