September 15, 2022
There are guidebooks for everything these days. Your car, your new electronics and even your refrigerator all come with manuals and instructions of some sort. But it seems that when it comes to roofing, many homeowners are playing a guessing game when it comes to proper care. At J & K Roofing, Inc., we know that there’s no big secret when it comes to keeping up the best shingles roofs in Hollywood, FL. But, many homeowners are still in the dark about the right ways to help encourage prolonged roof health. Not to worry, an expert Hollywood roofer, FL from our team at J & K Roofing, Inc. can help. We’ve compiled a list of the top 5 ways to improve and sustain all types of shingles roofs in Hollywood, FL:
- Keep an eye on your gutters. Your roof’s gutters can be the canary in a coal mine when it comes to problems with your shingles. If your gutters are filling with granules and other flakes that look like they’ve come from your shingles, it’s time to get your shingles checked out.
- Speaking of, make sure your gutters are clean! Many homeowners don’t realize that healthy gutters can make all the difference in shingles roofs in Hollywood, FL. Keep your gutters clear so water can properly drain off your roof and away from your home’s foundation.
- Replace and repair. It can happen to any roof, shingles fly off in storms or just age and fall away. A Hollywood roofer, FL from our team at J & K Roofing, Inc. can replace broken or missing shingles, helping increase your roof’s strength and style. Replacing shingles is one of the fastest ways to markedly improve shingles roofs.
- Inspect your flashing. Your roofing’s flashing is one of the most important components of a watertight seal. Still, flashing isn’t immune to problems. Your roofing maintenance should include inspections of your flashing to ensure there are no major problems. Our roofers are happy to inspect and repair roofing flashing all around the area.
- Keep it clean. One of the simplest ways to protect your shingles roof is to keep it free and clear of debris. Tree branches, leaves, renegade baseballs and other debris may find their way onto your roof. But, with quick action and cleaning, you can keep your roof from becoming damaged by debris.
Many homeowners need a little extra help when it comes to caring for their shingles roofs in Hollywood, FL. Not to worry, our team at J & K Roofing, Inc. is here to help. We can perform all levels of care for your shingles roof, from simple maintenance to major repairs. And if you’re in need of a new shingles roof, we’re here to get the job done. Call our team at (954) 961-9879 to learn how we can help your roof.